Updated: Apr 5, 2020
This is one for the easiest most satisfying side dishes you can make. They also make a great snack. If you’re a potato whore like I am, you will love this. The only danger is it's easy to lose track of how many potatoes you've eaten. Proceed with caution.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
1 russet potato
Cooking oil of your choice (I use canola or olive)
1. Pre-heat oven 450-525 degrees (depending on your oven) for about 15 minutes.
2. Wash / scrub potato clean. Dry with towel
3. Slice potato about 1/16" - 1/8" thickness. The thinner the more crispy and chip-like they will be.
4. Toss with oil and salt
5. Place on baking sheet (lined or unlined)
6. Sprinkle pepper now if you'd like or after baking
7. Bake it and watch it for 25-35 minutes. Make sure it doesn't burn. I baked mine on a pizza steel so the bottom is crispy and I didn't have to turn it. But if you don't have one just bake until golden brown on one side and turn it over to continue baking a little while longer. Make sure you don't over cook it.
8. Wait a few minutes before serving. You can do a taste test and sprinkle additional salt and pepper if you'd like.
These would pair great with a side of sour cream and chives or vegan ranch dressing. But play around, get creative, do as your taste buds desire. Enjoy! :)